Why have a pasta salad with only one kinds of tomato when you can have it with three kind of tomatoes? Let me walk you through the best way to eat tomatoes.
Soooo it does take a little time, but honestly? The effort is worth it. Basically, the salad is composed of raw tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, and oven backed tomatoes.
Those oven backed tomatoes needs to cook for 1 hour at 150°C. That’s the perfect way to get juicy and full of flavor tomatoes. You just have to add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, and in the oven they go (the sugar is non negotiable).
And as always, works totally fine as a meal prep!
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 sundried tomatoes
- 100g of uncooked spelt
- ½ red onion
- Parsley, to taste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbps of sugar
- Garlic, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A pinch of Espelette Pepper
- A pinch of ginger powder
- In a dish, spread two diced tomatoes.
- Add the olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Mix well and cook in the oven for one hour at 150°C.
- Cook the spelt.
- Cut the onion, sun dried tomatoes and remaining tomato.
- Add everything to a bowl along the cooked spelt, parsley and tomatoes.
- Taste and add some salt if needed. No dressing needed as the tomato juice do the job.