Yet another accidental recipe. Oh well. I wanted to buy some protein powder, but the store didn’t have any. However, they had pumpkin seed flour, which hold 59g of protein per 100g! And when life gives you flour, make pancakes.
100g of these pancakes will give you 13g of protein, or 15g if you add peanut butter (I didn’t have any while filming this recipe *cry in vegan*).
It is very important to use flour and cornstarch, otherwise the pancakes get a really weird mushy texture.
- 90g of Pumpkin seed flour
- 45g of flour
- 45g of cornstarch
- A pinch of salt
- 15g of sugar
- 7g of vanilla sugar
- 11g of baking powder
- 300ml of plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- 30g or 50g of peanut butter (optional)
- Add all dried ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- If using peanut butter, you want to dissolve it with some plant based milk for better incorporation.
- Add the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Cook them like regular pancakes.