I’m happy only two months in a year. Those two months are July and August. You want to know why ? Because it’s tomato season. Everything is pointless, only eating as much as possible of this God given fruit is what matters. Therefore, salads the rest of the year is very depressing, but I’ve found the next best thing : sun dried tomatoes.
Sun dried tomatoes are just out of fashion tomatoes pretending to be as good as the real stuff, but for the sake of my addiction, that’s what I put in literally every dish that require tomatoes.
That’s what leads us to this glorious pasta salad. It should have cherry tomatoes, but we won’t have the first until June. Along side them : some pasta, salad, olives, red onion.
And then, we have the best part : the ‘chicken’ (spoiler alert : it’s tofu). The recipe is based on the one from Itdoesnttastelikechicken, who is a wonderful blogger and I urge you to visit her website. Mine takes a bit more time in the oven, and more spices in the marinade.
As a dressing, we’re using vegan mayonnaise (go big or go home, right ?).
Great for meal prep when you want something filling and cold !
- 150g of pasta of your choice
- ½ red onion
- 10 black olives
- 6 sun dried tomatoes
- A few salad leaves
- 250g of tofu
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 10g of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 4 tbsp of vegan mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven at 190°C
- In a bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, garlic and onion powder
- Crumble the tofu (without pressing it) in chunks
- Coat the tofu with the marinade
- Put it in the oven for 40 minutes, tossing the tofu from time to time
- Cook the pasta according to the packing instructions
- Slice the red onion
- Cut chunks of sun dried tomatoes
- Halves the olive
- Cut the salad in bit size
- Once the tofu is cooked, add everything to the bowl, and those with vegan mayonnaise. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed